Firefinch specialises in generating and analysing data on the music industry. With data-driven research and analysis for marketing, promotion, and distribution on or from the African continent, Firefinch will help you understand your place in the music industry.
We provide research and development solutions for:
- Commercial radio playlisting and advertising
- Audience research for artists and the record industry
- Exploratory research for music distributors and promoters
- Analysis of existing datasets
- Production and analysis of chart data
At Firefinch, we are strong believers in the power of quantitative research, interpreted with powerful statistical methods. To read more about our quantitative approaches to music industry research, click here.
Firefinch also offers forensic musicological analyses for music copyright claims. More information on this service can be found here.
Firefinch also provides chart analysis services; our publicly available charts (including the South African Top 40), along with commentary, can be found on our Charts page.